* IMPORTANT * Keep in mind when packing : travelling with the dogs or by sailboat, try to be as light as possible! 'City clothes' and suit-cases are not needed, please bring a duffel bag.
Equipment package - Nok 1800 / week
- Lined expedition boots "Torvi" -30°C (320 nok/week)
- Lined expedition mittens "Hestra" (150 nok/week)
- Expedition jacket with a big hood (420 nok/week)
- Thermo ski pant (280 nok/week)
- Thermal sleeping mat (100 nok/week)
- Winter sleeping bag (430 nok/week)
- Duffel bag "North Face" type (200 nok/week)
- a balaclava (or very warm beanie)
- sunglasses (category 4 with UV filter) and a cap for the sun (February to October)
- a scarf, "buff" type
- a ski mask against drifting snow
- thermal under-wears, 1st and 2nd layers, in wool!
- 2 or 3 shirts or thin sweaters
- a very thick sweater, wool or fleece
- a windstopper / windproof jacket
- a big down jacket (or lined anorak) with a large hood
- spare under-wears
- 2 long pants / ski underwear, a thin & a thick one
- a sports / hiking pant, elastic and breathable fabric
- ski-pants (windproof over-trousers)
- a pair of ski socks, plus 4 extra pairs of different thickness
- a pair of insulated winter boots with thick soles, (for example "Sorel Caribou") with room for 2 pairs of thick socks.
- 1 pair of sneakers or "crocs"
- working-gloves to handle the dogs (they can be dirty)
- windproof thick mittens (eventually in down)
- sets of hand-warmers
- duffel bag (no suit-case or backpack)
- a winter or autumn sleeping bag (-10°) and inner sleeping-bag
- a sleeping mat, 60cm wide
- toiletries (towel, small soap, toothpaste & toothbrush), a pack of wet wipes
- a headlamp with lithium or alkaline batteries (better at low temperatures), and a set of extra batteries
- a thermos bottle (1L minimum), no camel bag
- a pocket knife with protection for the blade
- matches, lighter
- spare energy bars "in case"
- a mini-individual pharmacy with sunscreen (from march - SPF 20 minimum), lipstick, paracetamol, ear plugs, spare prescription glasses & contact lenses, personal medicine
- a waterproof plastic for ID / passport, insurance, money
- photographic equipment & spare batteries (lithium for low temperatures)
- power-bank to charge your electronic devices